When building with your free standard barn plan set you will need a permission from the Barnfactory. Just email a request for permission (no charge) to use the plan.
Clearly understand that these plans were developed for a different location then yours. The load requirements shown on the cover page are for a different locale than yours and will likely require plans upgrading. To those of your site. Your local different load requirments than in your locale.
When requesting a plan upgrade we will need the following;
•phone or text number.
• The site address and Mailing address.
• Wind load
• Ground snow load
• Frost depth
• Earth quake zone
• Plan size 11 x 17 or 24 x 36. Ask the official. (Don’t guess)
•Year of Current IRBC adopted CODE. (This is important)
• Also watch for height restrictions, setbacks, wetland issues, fire codes and HOA rules. (double check!)
• Be sure and get this information from your building official. The
internet is often wrong.
• Ask the official if a state licensed engineers’ wet stamp review will be required? If so we will forward your plan to a engineer licensed in your state for their ‘wet stamp review’ cost quote emailed directly to you. Or you may use a local engineer.
• It is advisable to review these plans with your engineer or builder for errors or ommisions. That is the owners responsibility.
• If you wish to request an upgrade notify us at email@example.com